Salt Lake City, UT
The Dietary Manager is an effective business manager responsible for leading the dining services team in preparing nutritious meals, providing service with a hospitality focus, and managing costs within or below budget in accordance with all laws, regulations, and company standards.
Today’s aging population means there’s a growing demand for healthcare professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available.
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Sarah Daft family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a rewarding career, and opportunities for advancement!
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates dining services goals, policies, and procedures.
• Must work in cooperation with nutritionists, dietitians, and comply with all Federal, state, and local requirements.
• Collects all guest and visitor payments and forwards them to the business office.
• Represents the dining services team at resident council meetings for feedback on dining services.
• Confers with dietitian to ensure menus and department policies conform to nutritional standards.
• Develops menus offering heart-healthy choices and takes into consideration low-sodium and diabetic diet needs.
• Maintains a recipe file for meals.
• Continually upgrades knowledge of dietary management and nutrition to benefit the community’s services.
• Works with Dining Room Supervisor and Sales Director to ensure flawless execution of contracted events.
• Compliant with a budget in labor and expense control.
• Maintains inventory and portion controls working within a budget.
• Plans written menus at least 30 days in advance of preparation/serving dates involving resident preferences.
• Interviews new residents to welcome, acquire food preferences, allergies, and special requests.
• Develops system to track resident’s dietary needs/preferences and monitors for changes.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Certified Dietary Manager Certification preferred.
• Must have 1-year prior experience in senior living.
• Must be a graduate of A.D.A.-approved course in food services OR certification in the culinary field.
• Must have current ServSafe food handlers certification.
• Must be experienced in preparing meals on a regular basis for large groups’ hospitality environment preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable of special diets.
• Must be a seasoned business manager who understands the financial and operations aspects of dining services.
• Must have 2 years’ supervisory experience.