Salt Lake City, UT
Rocky Mountain Care – Salt Lake City is looking for an amazing team player to join our Dietary Team as a Part Time Dietary Cook!
The Dietary Cook is responsible for the production and service of all meals throughout the day. The Dietary Cook prepares meals for the skilled nursing, assisted living, and special events under the direction of the Sous Chef and Dietary Services Director.
- Prepares food according to the menu cycle developed approved by the Dietary Director.
- Cooks and prepares palatable, attractive and nutritionally adequate meals in quantities that are served
- at the proper temperature and within the appropriate time frames.
- Operates institutional food preparation equipment according to manufacturer and supervisory direction.
- Follows proper cleaning and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Handles, creates, stores and disposes of raw and prepared food items in accordance with company policy and title 22 regulations.
- Maintains food service work spaces in clean and safe condition at all times according to facility procedures.
- Reports any signs of rodent or pests to supervisor immediately.
- Interacts courteously and respectfully with state surveyors during inspection.
- Attend in-service education programs as assigned.
- Creates food for special functions, banquets, holidays and special events.
- Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.