Landmark Assisted Living currently has an exciting opening for an Activities Coordinator to join our amazing team! We are looking for a fun, compassionate, and self-driven individual to plan and lead our residents in daily activities.
TRT certification is a plus, or willing to obtain a certification with hands-on training. This is an opportunity to step into the world of health care in a caring and fun setting and a way to improve the quality of life for our clients. Age requirement-Young at heart!
- Implement and participate in a wide variety of activities to meet the different resident interests, attributes, and skill levels
- Encourage and promote resident participation in activities through internal, formal, and informal channels
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the facility
- Observe residents’ ability to perform daily ADL’s and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate staff member
- When called upon, participate in care planning and other meetings, formal and informal
- Encourage and motivate residents in all areas, providing assistance when necessary
- Participate in all training offered by the employer
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs
- Engaging, outgoing personality that can also exercise calm and patience
- Motivated self-starter who can operate with little supervision
- Strong team player
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills