We are looking to hire a Pharmacy Technician to be responsible for handling inpatient prescriptions, refills, and prior authorization request as well as maintaining PAR levels for OTC medications that are kept in stock. You will also be responsible for checking and evaluating written prescriptions, as well as recording and verifying patient information while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with regulations.
In order to be a successful candidate, you must display excellent communication skills and an affinity for great customer service. You must be comfortable with working in a fast-paced work environment.
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Report directly to DON or designee regarding any ordered refills/new rx and any issues with corporate pharmacy while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Delivering quality customer service to patients, responding to inquiries, questions, or requests, and referring them to the pharmacist or DON for medical information.
- Verifying the accuracy of patient information and dosing instructions on medication labels/cards.
- Performing medication inventory audits bi-weekly and provides recommendations to DON for purchasing supplies and medication.
Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A pharmacy technician certification.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to use a computer for day-to-day tasks.
- Basic math skills for counting medications.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in a fast paced work environment
- Available for contact while off duty via phone for questions from DON
Specific details on Post Acute/SNF duties provided during orientation