Coeur d'Alene, ID
Crest Home Health and Hospice is excited to announce we are currently hiring for the position of PRN Speech-Language Pathologist to join our amazing team.
MISSION STATEMENT: As a member of your community, our mission is to deliver compassionate health care services to all those entrusted in our care. Through leadership and trust, we function as a cohesive team dedicated to cost-effective, high-quality outcomes for our residents. We foster an environment of innovation and continual improvement by encouraging creativity and openness. We pledge to value one another through loyalty, respect, and dignity. Integrity, fairness, and kindness are an integral part in all of our business decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem-solve, make decisions, and teach.
- Initiative diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate for adults with speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Ability to Create a Plan of Care by evaluation and assessment of patient’s levels of functionality; and maintain continuity of and or multidisciplinary services whenever needed to ensure good coordination of care.
- Highly Motivated with Passion for working with the senior population and the ability to blend healthcare and hospitality service philosophies.
- Possess interpersonal skills to work with other team members; demonstrated ethics, integrity, dependability, and reliability.
- Graduation from a speech pathology curriculum approved by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association.
- State registration as a Speech Pathologist (or eligibility; must take first examination scheduled after appointment) by the state board of Medical Quality Assurance. If eligible must have completed all the academic requirements and is in the process of accumulating the necessary supervised work experience required for certification. Evidence of the supervision will be retained in the non-certified speech-language therapist’s personnel folder.
- Two years of experience as a Speech-Language Therapist/Pathologist with experience in-home care preferred. Minimum one year in a related setting with experience and interest in gerontology and home care preferred.
- Knowledge of the healthcare field.
- Active Speech Therapy License in the state of ID.
- Dependable Transportation, Current Driver’s License and Auto Insurance.
- Current CPR Certification (adult/child)
- Ability to perform the physical aspects of the position.
- Annual health clearance with TB test and/or chest X-ray.