Woods Cross, UT
Rocky Mountain Care is looking to hire a Revenue Cycle Specialist. The position is responsible for overseeing billing accounts and helping departments resolve their revenue cycle problems. They assist Account Managers in communication with insurance agencies in attempts to collect on claims and work closely with insurance verification, contracting, posting and clients to ensure accurate claim submission and healthy cash flow.
Job Skills and Requirements:
* Communications Skills: Must have the ability to convey information to anothereffectively and efficiently. This includes good verbal, nonverbal and writtencommunication skills to help facilitate the sharing of information betweenpeople within a company for its commercial benefit.
* Attention to Detail: Ensures information is complete andaccurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments havebeen fulfilled.
* LeadershipSkills: As part of a team, you are involved in establishing a clear vision andsharing the visions with others so that they will follow willingly. Must be able to coach, mentor and alwaysinspire others to engage in achieving agency goals and needed results.
* TechnicalSkills: Must have the technical skills and education to complete jobresponsibilities. This includes theability to utilize technology to maximize results. Must have the ability towork independently as well as with a team.
* Ethical Skills: Must be in accordance with the rules or standards for right conduct or practice which includes maintaining confidentiality ofpatient/employee information and demonstrates understanding of the corporatecompliance goals. Must be in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong that govern the conduct of job responsibilities.
* Innovation: Must beinnovative as changes in the medical field develop. Must be able to develop processes and developsolutions to the ever changing environment. Must be able to utilize technology to find efficiencies and improveoutcomes.
* Problem Solving Skills: Mustbe able to determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution. This includes the ability toactively listen, analyze, research, organize, communicate and make a decision.
* Critical ThinkingSkills: Must be able to analyze FACTS and form a judgment. Must have self- directed, self-disciplined,self-monitored and self-corrective thinking. Maintain a standard of excellence through effective communication andproblem-solving.
* Maintain an environment that is organized and productive
* Promote agency culture and be an example of Outward Mindset
* Aggressively decrease aged accounts and increase cash collections without adverse impact on employee morale or customer satisfaction
* Must team-build and maintain positive morale while implementing effective procedural and system changes
* Evaluate effectiveness of billing and collection work flow and make recommendations to processes and policies as appropriate
* Provides analysis and recommendations to managers and team as appropriate
* Monitor reports and data to ensure timely submission and collection of claims. Evaluate trends and implement efficient work flow to reduce risk and write-offs
* Monitor timeliness and effectiveness of team activities and ensure issues with outstanding claims are resolved
* Assist callers and clients with inquiries, questions and needs
* Maintain confidentiality of all patient information including record protection, retention, retrieval and disposal
* Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
* Coach team members and provide needed guidance in understanding processes and assist them in obtaining needed results
* Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of insurance carriers and claim requirements
* Work with insurance verification and Account Managers to ensure proper insurance information and proper authorization needed to bill and collect on claims.
* Stay update and knowledgeable on compliance ensure accuracy of billings.
* Work with team in ensuring timeliness of medical claims to insurance agency for payment
* Research denial issues and advise on solutions to rectify
* Follow-up on unpaid claims within agency deadlines and standards and consistently work aged claims with team
* Primary point for claims that have been escalated and special projects to problem solve delinquent accounts to secure payment
* Review cash and deposit reports
* Meet agency benchmarks for claim submission
* Update agency databases and stay current on tasks
* Other job duties as assigned