Woods Cross, UT 84010
Rocky Mountain Care is looking to hire a Revenue Cycle Specialist. The position is responsible for overseeing billing accounts and helping departments resolve their revenue cycle problems. They assist Account Managers in communication with insurance agencies in attempts to collect on claims and work closely with insurance verification, contracting, posting and clients to ensure accurate claim submission and healthy cash flow.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Communications Skills: Must have the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently. This includes good verbal, nonverbal and written communication skills to help facilitate the sharing of information between people within a company for its commercial benefit
- Attention to Detail: Ensures information is complete and accurate; follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Leadership Skills: As part of a team, you are involved in establishing a clear vision and sharing the visions with others so that they will follow willingly. Must be able to coach, mentor and always inspire others to engage in achieving agency goals and needed results.
- Technical Skills: Must have the technical skills and education to complete job responsibilities. This includes the ability to utilize technology to maximize results. Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ethical Skills: Must be in accordance with the rules or standards for right conduct or practice which includes maintaining the confidentiality of patient/employee information and demonstrates an understanding of the corporate compliance goals. Must be in accordance with the accepted principles of right and wrong that govern the conduct of job responsibilities.
- Innovation: Must be innovative as changes in the medical field develop. Must be able to develop processes and develop solutions to the ever-changing environment. Must be able to utilize technology to find efficiencies and improve outcomes.
- Problem Solving Skills: Must be able to determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution. This includes the ability to actively listen, analyze, research, organize, communicate and make a decision.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Must be able to analyze FACTS and form a judgment. Must have self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored and self-corrective thinking. Maintain a standard of excellence through effective communication and problem-solving.
- Maintain an environment that is organized and productive
- Promote agency culture and be an example of Outward Mindset
- Aggressively decrease aged accounts and increase cash collections without an adverse impact on employee morale or customer satisfaction
- Must team-build and maintain positive morale while implementing effective procedural and system changes
- Evaluate the effectiveness of billing and collection workflow and make recommendations to processes and policies as appropriate
- Provides analysis and recommendations to managers and team as appropriate
- Monitor reports and data to ensure timely submission and collection of claims. Evaluate trends and implement an efficient workflow to reduce risk and write-offs
- Monitor timeliness and effectiveness of team activities and ensure issues with outstanding claims are resolved
- Assist callers and clients with inquiries, questions, and needs
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information including record protection, retention, retrieval and disposal
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data
- Coach team members and provide needed guidance in understanding processes and assist them in obtaining needed results
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of insurance carriers and claim requirements
- Work with insurance verification and Account Managers to ensure proper insurance information and proper authorization needed to bill and collect on claims.
- Stay updated and knowledgeable on compliance to ensure the accuracy of billings.
- Work with the team in ensuring timeliness of medical claims to the insurance agency for payment
- Research denial issues and advise on solutions to rectify
- Follow-up on unpaid claims within agency deadlines and standards and consistently work aged claims with team
- The primary point for claims that have been escalated and special projects to problem solve delinquent accounts to secure payment
- Review cash and deposit reports
- Meet agency benchmarks for claim submission
- Update agency databases and stay current on tasks
- Other job duties as assigned