Rocky Mountain Home Care is seeking a social worker experienced in home health and hospice to provide social work services for our patients.
The Social Worker assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness. They will assess, diagnose, and treat patient’s mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and/or families, and update case records.
- Assesses psycho-social status of client and social and emotional factors related to the client’s illness, need for care, and response to treatment.
- Provides direct social casework services to clients and families including assisting with goal setting, counseling, and planning and providing interventions.
- Advises agency personnel, clients, and families of appropriate community resources, their eligibility criteria, and regulations.
- Participates in the development and periodic renewal of the client’s plan of care.
- Observes and reports to the case manager, the response of the client to treatment and changes in his condition.
- Maintains verbal and/or written communication with other personnel involved with care of the client.
- Maintains appropriate and timely client care records including observations, treatments, client response to treatment, and changes in client’s condition.
- Attends and participates in appropriate client care conferences, staff meetings, and agency committee meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of social work principles and methods.
- Knowledge of individuals and group behavior and ways of working effectively with adults, children, and families who have social, economic, emotional, or health problems.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment in complex situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, staff members, outside agencies and institutions, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Utah LCSW license (will accept CSW if LCSW is in progress)
- 2 years social work experience preferred
- Prior home health and hospice experience preferred