Rocky Mountain Care – Riverton is looking for an amazing team player to join our Culinary Services Team as a Dietary Cook! The Dietary Cook is responsible for the production and service of all meals throughout the day. The Dietary Cook prepares meals for the skilled nursing facility under the direction of the Dietary Manager.
- Prepares food according to the menu cycle developed approved by the Director of Culinary Services.
- Cooks and prepares palatable, attractive and nutritionally adequate meals in quantities that are served at the proper temperature and within the appropriate time frames.
- Follows proper cleaning and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Handles, creates, stores and disposes of raw and prepared food items in accordance with company policy and local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintains food service work spaces in clean and safe condition at all times according to facility procedures.
- Interacts courteously and respectfully with state surveyors during inspection.
- Attend in-service education programs as assigned.
- Creates food for special functions, banquets, holidays and special events.
- Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Utah Food Handlers Permit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of kitchen safety and best practices for safe handling of food