Rocky Mountain Care – Clearfield is looking for a full-time cook to join our team. We have both AM and NOC shifts available.
- Follow recipes and prepares foods that correspond to menu cycles and recipes prepared by Dietitian
- Cook or prepare palatable, attractive, nutritionally adequate meals in institutional quantities according to census and diet type, that are served at proper temperatures and at proper times.
- Supervise kitchen staff who assist with food preparation, assembling trays, cleaning and storage of supplies and equipment
- Frequently clean food service work areas as food preparation and service is done, and between tasks, including washing dishes, pots and pans, and utensils.
- Use food supplies and equipment in an efficient and economic manner to prevent waste
- Prepare and maintain supply of food substitutes to accommodate resident choices, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences
- Participate in inventory ordering and receiving of stock/supplies
- Inspect trays following meal service to monitor and record resident acceptance of menu items.
- Use food preparation equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Follow proper cleaning techniques and preventative maintenance schedules
- Handle, store, dispose of food supplies and prepared food in accordance with department procedures and in compliance with county, state and federal laws and regulations, as applicable
- Follow facility policies and procedures for infection control at all times to maintain a sanitary food preparation and storage area.
- Use personal protective equipment when indicated.
- Follow facility procedures for resident trays that require special handling
- Communicate with Dietary Services Supervisor throughout shift as needed to best meet needs of residents
- Assist Supervisor with preparations for county, state, and federal inspections.
- Attend survey training.
- Interact with state surveyors as instructed by Supervisor
- Maintain work areas in a neat and clean condition
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience cooking is preferred but not required. We can train the right candidate.
- Must provide a criminal background check.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have current Safeserv Food Handlers certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of quantity food production and serving techniques, food safety/sanitation requirements and procedures.
- Ability to interact positively with residents, client and other personnel and the public.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time.