Rocky Mountain Care is seeking a social worker experienced in home health and hospice to provide social work services for our patients in the Tooele area! This is a part time position that can grow into full time.
The Social Worker assists patients and families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term illness. They will assess, diagnose, and treat patient’s mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and/or families, and update case records.
- Assesses psychosocial status of client and social and emotional factors related to the client’s illness, need for care, and response to treatment.
- Provides direct social casework services to clients and families including assisting with goal setting, counseling, and planning and providing interventions.
- Advises agency personnel, clients, and families of appropriate community resources, their eligibility criteria, and regulations.
- Participates in the development and periodic renewal of the client’s plan of care.
- Observes and reports to the case manager, the response of the client to treatment and changes in his condition.
- Maintains verbal and/or written communication with other personnel involved with care of the client.
- Maintains appropriate and timely client care records including observations, treatments, client response to treatment, and changes in client’s condition.
- Attends and participates in appropriate client care conferences, staff meetings, and agency committee meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of social work principles and methods.
- Knowledge of individuals and group behavior and ways of working effectively with adults, children, and families who have social, economic, emotional, or health problems.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment in complex situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, staff members, outside agencies and institutions, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Utah LCSW license (will accept CSW if LCSW is in progress)
- 2 years social work experience preferred
- Prior home health and hospice experience preferred