At United Home Care, we know that following an illness, trauma or surgery, the ability to recover at home can greatly improve patient outcomes. Our healthcare professionals are dedicated to offering recovery with the independence to our patients. We are currently seeking a HOME HEALTH PHYSICAL THERAPIST to join our amazing, home care team! We are driven to provide world-class, five-star quality healthcare to our patients in the environment most comfortable to them – their home.
We service Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, and Sutter counties. All are located in the heart of the beautiful gold country that includes California’s well-known Shenandoah Valley wine country. The area offers an explosion of family-owned wine vineyards, amazing state parks full of giant sequoias and a scattering of quaint scenic small towns. This is a wonderful place to raise a family, and also a hop and a skip from Sacramento as well as San Francisco for weekend jaunts!
- Provides patient care services along with direct treatment and follow-up.
- Evaluates patients new to service where there are physician orders and develops a plan of care appropriate to the patient’s diagnosis.
- Documents patient care data accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely matter, reflecting evidence of improvement/progress/decline in a patient’s condition.
- Submits the daily/weekly patient visit schedule to the Scheduler.
- Communicates as necessary with interdisciplinary team members to ensure maximum patient care
- Coordinates with Case Manager in making referrals to appropriate disciplines.
- Provides in-service education, health care professional education, and public education in addition to supporting peers
- Conducts research and assists with orientation of new employees as needed.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in physical therapy from an accredited school of physical therapy and current California Physical Therapy license
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from patient homes
- Prefer one year’s therapeutic experience in a home health care environment, but not required
- Strong knowledge of theory and concepts relating to the practice of physical therapy and the ability to evaluate and treat patients for whom a physician’s order exists.
We offer a flexible schedule, competitive wage, medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO and sick pay! Relocation assistance is also offered!!