Woods Cross, UT
Our Central Admissions department is hiring a full-time Central Intake nurse to clinically review and process SNF admissions. This shift is Monday through Friday, hours ranging from 8:30am-7:00pm and approximately ONE weekend every 2 months.
This is a fun positive department with a very fast paced environment.
The Central Intake Nurse is responsible for receiving information from referral sources and coordinating care and services for patients. The CI Nurse accepts calls from the community and provides information regarding home health, hospice, private pay and nursing home services, Medicare qualifying criteria and other community resources available to them. CI Nurse enters patient and referral information into the computer database for tracking quality assurance and for statistical analysis. Take and sign orders when needed, and confirm following MD care
- Current license as a licensed nurse from the Utah State Board of Nursing.
- Minimum 1 year experience in general medicine or related field.
- Home health and/or hospice experience preferred, of which a portion involves direct client care.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required.
- Ability to deal effectively with problem solving and to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid home care and hospice criteria.
- Evidence of independent nursing practice in delivery of nursing care, while recognizing the need for further guidance and instruction when required.