Coeur d'Alene, ID
Crest Home Health and Hospice is seeking a PRN Social Worker experienced in home health and hospice to join our amazing team and provide social work services for our patients in the Coeur d’Alene area.
MISSION STATEMENT: As a member of your community, our mission is to deliver compassionate health care services to all those entrusted in our care. Through leadership and trust, we function as a cohesive team dedicated to cost-effective, high-quality outcomes for our residents. We foster an environment of innovation and continual improvement by encouraging creativity and openness. We pledge to value one another through loyalty, respect, and dignity. Integrity, fairness, and kindness are an integral part in all of our business decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assesses psycho-social status of client and social and emotional factors related to the client’s illness, need for care, and response to treatment.
- Provides direct social casework services to clients and families including assisting with goal setting, counseling, and planning and providing interventions.
- Advises agency personnel, clients, and families of appropriate community resources, their eligibility criteria, and regulations.
- Participates in the development and periodic renewal of the client’s plan of care.
- Observes and reports to the case manager, the response of the client to treatment and changes in his condition.
- Maintains verbal and/or written communication with other personnel involved with care of the client.
- Maintains appropriate and timely client care records including observations, treatments, client response to treatment, and changes in client’s condition.
- Attends and participates in appropriate client care conferences, staff meetings, and agency committee meetings.
- Thorough knowledge of social work principles and methods.
- Knowledge of individuals and group behavior and ways of working effectively with adults, children, and families who have social, economic, emotional, or health problems.
- Ability to exercise independent professional judgment in complex situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and families, staff members, outside agencies and institutions, and the general public.Qualifications
- Valid Idaho LCSW license (will accept CSW if LCSW is in progress)
- Compassionate with a “5-star quality care” mindset
- Can act independently but must also recognize that a team provides care for each patient and is willing to be a contributing team player
- Prior home health and hospice experience preferred
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from patient homes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills