Woods Cross, UT
This position safeguards Rocky Mountain’s assets through monthly accounting operations and internal controls, and ensures accurate and compliant financial reporting. Initial duties are performed under close supervision; thereafter, routine tasks are completed with general review. Non-routine tasks are closely supervised.
Essential Job Duties:
- 1. Supports the safeguarding of assets and reinforcing accounting policies and procedures.
- 2. Prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classification in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- 3. Assists in the month-end close, including the review of financial statements. Understands and explains variances to budget.
- 4. Reconciles, analyzes, and reviews revenues, expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- 5. Generates ad hoc accounting reports as needed.
- 6. Provides accounting support to internal and external customers.
- 7. Accountable for timely and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- 8. May assist with preparation of audit schedules.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time
- Department: Accounting
- Office location: Woods Cross, Utah
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Two years of accounting experience or a Masters Degree.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Banking, accounts receivable
All positions subject to close without notice. Rocky Mountain Care prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.